Cooper Eromanga Basin
|Key Cooper basin Pty Ltd*
*Key Cooper Basin Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Key Petroleum Limited
ATP924 is located 140km southwest of Windorah in southwest Queensland.
- Granted 1/3/2013. Renewed 28/2/19.
- Permit covers ~2220km² – 4 blocks.
- Only 3 wells drilled in the permit.
- Overlies the north-east edge of the Jurassic to Cretaceous Eromanga Basin and the northern edge of the Permian to Triassic Cooper Basin.
- The most recent exploration activities undertaken in the region are the Taj and Hurron 3D seismic surveys and several 2D seismic surveys which subsequently resulted in the drilling of Maroochydore‑1 well which yielded gas shows;
- Captures a large part of the north-west Eromanga (Inland – Cook) Oil Fairway;
- Excised Marengo and nearby Barrolka gas fields. Permian ‘basin centred’ gas fairway with potential for large prospective resources. Importantly the basin centred gas play to the west extends into this area of the Cooper Eromanga Basin and is interpreted to be a conventional gas play that is trapped structurally and stratigraphically in this northern extent of the basin;
- The Permian play fairway also includes the Mount Howett Gas Field operated by Santos south-east of Whanto‑1;
- Whanto-1 flowed at 3.8 mmsc/fd from the Permian which extends to Marengo South-1 and then into Gilpepee-2 and to Maroochydoore-1 lying in ATP 924; and
- Gas shows were encountered at Gilpepee-2 in ATP 924 and better reservoir or other technologies could commercialise gas discoveries in this area.
FORWARD WORK PROGRAM
Key Cooper Basin is assessing the forward work program for this Permit and will provide further information in due course.